Monday, November 16, 2009

Ho, Ho, Ho.....Oh NO!!!

Ah, the holiday season. The season of giving and the season of undue stress, especially on those of us who are financially challenged. This will represent the third season in a row of not using credit cards to fund my holiday season. The first time, it wasn't because I didn't want to, because I truly did.

It was because the cards were maxed out, or the payments were getting behind.

It wasn't until a few months later that I cut up the credit cards and began the adventure of getting out of debt once and for all. It has been learned that giving gifts is not about the item(s) in the box, but rather the thought that is in the heart. This much is true. I have sold a lot of the things that I rather like (such as DVDs), but am learning to survive without. I really don't have the time to watch them anymore, and the best memories are those within my head.

You can always make gifts, even if you aren't very handy or overtly blessed with craftsmanship. Sometimes a personal, handwritten note, will mean more than the bottle of expensive perfume, the newest and greatest toy, or anything else that you may purchase.

Enjoy the season for the people that are in your life. Be thankful for all that you have. I will continue the 100 Ways to Save Money by 11/18/09 at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment