Saturday, January 29, 2011

And a Year Goes By

A lot has gone on in the last year since I posted in here. I am going to start a sequel to my book (or a part II, if you will) Never Surrender. No, I am not out of debt yet, but am closer with every day. Here is a glimpse of the last year:

1. We now eat out once a month and I take my food leftovers to eat at work. Even though I was spending $2.15 for supper at the drive-though, it was seriously causing more health challenges then buying organic, wholesome foods (nutrients fill you up, calories don't). We are probably spending the same amount of money as if we were eating out twice a week, but being healthier is darn well worth it.

2. I have 4 credit cards left to pay off (although I haven't used one in three years). Two of them are at no interest and one will be paid in December and the other one will be paid off the following December. I am in no particular rush to pay them off as I can use the extra money to further fund the 401K and get closer to financial independence.

3. I have pretty much stuck to a budget. There has been quite a bit of overtime at work (I am down to just one job for now) so there has been extra funds for a trip to Colorado (10th anniversary) and for a timeshare in Colorado (we enjoyed it that much).

4. I have decided to tithe my money. Lots of time has been spent lately reading book after book after book about finance, wealth, and life. I now realize that I have been entirely focused on my needs while ignoring the needs of others. I have been blessed, it is time to share in my blessings.

I am still money conscious, and will resume more regular posts on here now.

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment