Thursday, August 13, 2009

100 Ways to Save Money To Pay Down Your Credit Card Debt, Part XII

Enough for now about saving gas (we'll explore that later in this series), so let's move on to personal grooming for a while. We will look at some of the ways that I have found to save some money so that I can pay down my credit card debt.

23. What Kind of Shampoo Are You Using? - This is going to be an area of controversy, but when it comes to being frugal, saving money, etc. there are some sacrifices to be made: That is if you are serious about saving money and paying down your credit card debt. Most people have hair, if you don't, this wouldn't necessarily apply to you. Shampoos can be downright expensive. I used to use Aussie Mega shampoo years ago and I would buy it at Sam's Club so I could at least enjoy it at a lower price. Even regular shampoo costs around $5-$10 a bottle. Being conservative we can call it $5 a bottle. I go through a bottle of shampoo a month roughly. I also found Suave shampoo for $1 a bottle and I stocked up with a year's worth. Doing that I save $4 a month or $48 a year. (20 years is $960 that is going down the drain).

24. How Are You Paying For That Soap? - Buy in bulk and you will save. Buy your soap by the bar and you can be taken to the cleaners, especially when you purchase it at the grocery store or a convenience store (hey, sometimes you just run out when you don't plan). Going through a bar of soap a week is common, especially for those who like to keep clean. On a recent trip to the store, I found that I could save $0.17 a bar by buying them in packs of 12 instead of 3. This would save $8.84 a year or $176.80 over 20 years. Not much, but keep in mind that things are cumulative.

That brings our cumulative total to $3,313.59 a year (rounding may make it slightly different) or a total of $65,872.02 over 20 years.

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment