Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday, Friday, Finally Friday

For most people, Friday is a day that is looked forward to from the beginning of the week. Since I have been on a quest to eliminate credit card debt, it represents another day. I work most weekends. It will happen occasionally that I am not scheduled on the weekend, but knowing that the small amount of money that I earn on the weekends is used toward finally eliminating credit card debt, I don't mind. Weekends are a good time for celebration, relaxation, and a bit of planning.

Celebrations don't mean that you have to go and run up your credit card bill at the bar or club, just an evening's drink and snacks (because they seem to go hand in hand) can easily run up $100 or more for two people. Multiply that by 52 weeks in a year, and you have over $5,000 a year. That would be enough to eliminate a credit card or two for myself (the lower balanced ones).

Wow.

Here's is a suggestion, and it is only a suggestion. I drink occasionally, but it is usually one or two (OK, sometimes three) and it is pretty exclusive to the weekend. I usually have a snack with them as well. I could easily go to a bar/club and spend $10-$15 for the drinks and $5 for the snacks. There is a $20 bill that has gone away. What I do now, and enjoy more is sitting on the screened-in porch and have those drinks, have a snack, and have a relaxing evening with my beautiful wife. I buy the drinks and snack ahead of time and the cost is around $5. That is $15 dollars saved. The great thing is that I don't have to worry about drinking and driving (sore subject) and, if I perchance have too much to drink, I just have to worry about tripping over the dog (who wouldn't mind because there would be more crackers for her). It is a win-win situation because I get some relaxing one-on-one time with my wife and we will listen to some music or a ball game (in season).

Perhaps there are some ways that you could think of to have a good time for less, free up some money, and eliminate your credit card debt. My book is nearly ready now (it is written), and if you would like to receive notification of when that is ready for you, you can sign up for the Never Surrender newsletter on the right side of this blog. You simply enter your email and first name, there will be a confirmation sent to you (check your spam box), and I will notify you of where to get your hands on the book, plus I will send out information occasionally on ways to eliminate credit card debt.

Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment