Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two More To Go

$161.44. With just two days to go (and no grocery store in sight) accomplishment can definitely be felt. There honestly is at least three weeks (probably more) of food remaining, but the daily update will no longer be necessary. So, the question is "how are YOU doing?" Have you found any ways to save on things that you hadn't thought of yet? How far would you go? Recently, I was at Dolans.com and ran across an article that really made me think. It was asking about things you would do to save money (and nowadays, who doesn't look for ways to save money?).

Here are some ideas (and believe me, some of them made me feel a bit squeamish)
* Plan trips around for samples, like at the grocery store, free appetizers at happy hour, or wine tastings.
* Wash clothes in only cold water (over 75% of the cost of using a washing machine is used in the heating of the water)
* Abandon toilet paper and use washable rags or even newspaper (Okay, I am not that desperate yet)
* Stock up on condiments like ketchup and mustard from McDonald's or other fast food restaurants
* Toilet train your cat (kitty litter can be expensive)

There were others posted there, but it did make you think that desperate times call for desperate measures. Some I could do (cold water for laundry), but some I would not (I don't have a cat at our home). I am not advocating living life on the cheap, but there are ways that you could stretch you dollar further and pay down your credit card debt sooner or have for the future like retirement and education for your children.

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment