Sunday, May 24, 2009

Summer Fun

Credit card debt elimination is a task that takes dedication. It doesn't have to be all work and no play. Yesterday, some ideas were shared with you about a few things that you can do during the summer and spend a fortune. One idea is to go to a concert put on by your local college or university.

My sister and I spent a week at summer music camp at the University of Arkansas (where I later earned a Bachelor's Degree in music). Near the end of the week, there was a concert that the students put on that was free (and no, it wasn't just attended by the parents). Check with your local school to see if they offer similar activities.

Movie theatres often offer a matinee (forgo the popcorn and soda because it will eat any savings that you might enjoy. Near the city in which I live there is a dollar show where they offer the screenings of movies that just completed their regular run at the theaters and you could go there. I used to "have" to see movies when they were first released, but it has been a while since that has been done, and I don't feel like I am less of a person for doing that.

You can check out your local library, because libraries aren't just for books any more. Nowadays you can check out movies, DVDs, and yes, books for little or no money. Just because you are saving money to pay off your credit card debt doesn't mean that you cannot entertain yourself.

Have a GREAT day and thank you for all of the suggestions that you have been sending me! For money-making ideas, you could always visit my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment