Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday = Monday

Three day weekends happen occasionally and in the United States we just experienced one. From my days in education, the Memorial Day weekend usually signalled the beginning of summer vacation. A lot of businesses honor the three day weekend, but the retail industry and medical field don't always have that luxury: they remain open year-round.

When you are on the quest to eliminate your credit card debt, you must remain always vigilant and ready. It is not suggested that it become obsessive, but it always needs to remain a steady undercurrent to you daily activities of living. These days my mind is always searching for ways to say a few dollars. I drive by several gas stations on the way to my day job (at least nine), so when the tank hits the halfway mark, the light turns on to compare as I go. When I notice one gets a few cents lower than the others, I will make a point to pull in and fill up. When I notice Diet Coke on sale, I will stock up (both my wife and I have a bit of a vice for Diet Coke, but I will not buy it at a convenience store because of the jacked-up prices there).

You can do the same.

If you are like most people, you purchase the same things over and over, but when you look to save money, you will notice when those things are on sale, or find a coupon for, or even print on from coupons.com. Believe me when they say that it all adds up, because it does.

But you are becoming wiser and you will win.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment