Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Eat Drink and Be Merry

There are times when people ask me why I am making such sacrifices now (like eating a lunch that costs less than $0.50) when it isn't going to matter when I die.

True.

But...it may matter to those I leave behind. There is no wish on my part to leave a mountain of debt for somebody else to deal with. Although they are not personally liable for any of it, there is all the vultures, I mean lawyers, and other undesirables to deal with. I got myself into this situation, and I will take responsibility and get out. My mother used to say "if you are going to dance, you gotta pay the piper". I should have only danced with what I could afford, but, like too many people, I only thought about the immediate pleasure that I got that didn't even last long enough for the next statement to arrive. Now I am older (and hopefully wiser) and pay for things out of my checking account (or cash). If I can't afford it, I don't get it.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment