Friday, January 8, 2010

Vacation Planning

Sitting in the classroom (I am in training right now for a new position), I heard how some of my classmates are planning a trip on their children's spring break. The classmate was talking about taking a train ride to the Mall of America and spending the weekend there. Personally I view that as a waste of money. What is there to do at Mall of America?

Shop.

Spend Money.

I don't want to spend my time at a conglomeration of stores. Maybe because I don't like to shop. Shopping for me is to "get in, get it, and get out". A great goal is to spend as little time in there as possible. The more time that is spent there, the more money that is spent. Typically that is what the merchants want. Stores are set up to where the most desirable items are in the back of the store and you would have to spend a lot of time to get there.

And don't forget about the impulse items that are at the checkout stand. There is always candy and treats along with worthless magazines that have no literary value. Save your money and go to the library.

The library is free.

Spending time together as a family doesn't need to cost a lot of money. If you spend too much money, perhaps you are trying to make up for some deficit in your life.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment