Friday, January 15, 2010

I May be Broke, But I am NOT Broken

Many times I have heard people say (in the break room) "That machine is broke". The though immediately runs through my head that the machine need to get a job and earn some money. People can be broke, but rarer are the times that we are broken.

Just because we are living frugally at this point in our lives doesn't mean that we are poor. Far from it. In the last year, I have managed to basically live on minimum wage (because I am using just the basics to survive and have cut out most non-necessities). One doesn't need a 52-inch television set to live. One doesn't need a brand new car every year to get by, especially when considering that a car's function should be to get you from point A to point B.

What do you have in your life that you can do without and still survive? If you are having a difficult time paying your bills and climbing out of debt, go with just necessities for a while. I used to have breakfast at Hardees or Burger King every day.

I thought nothing of it and thought that it was no big deal.

It is amazing how much money I have freed up just by eating most of my meals at home. Yes, I eat out once or twice a month, but even then it is at an all-you-can-eat dinner or with a coupon so that there is some savings involved. If I want to turn it up a notch, I might even eliminate that luxury.

Just find ways that you can save/make more money so that you can live your life more freely... the way you want to.

Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT TIPS! Thank you.

    Here's a new, simple, FREE way to save on nearly every purchase you make,...at over 500 popular retailers - and Get CASH BACK!

    Check out the video from the CEO of a new, publicly traded company - Some say this will be much bigger than Facebook or Twitter - and because of the savings and money making aspect - for FREE - I think this will prove true.

    http://www.budurl.com/FreeAddedProfits

    ReplyDelete