Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Making it Until Payday

The nice thing about a budget is that you see where you are at all times financially. Unfortunately, this is a bleak few days until Friday (I get paid from both jobs on that day). There is a reason why it is a little bleaker than usual ( I do have enough to get gas and there is plenty of food to eat, so no worries there).

There were some unplanned expenses.

The starter in my 1998 Infiniti gave up the ghost. It is very challenging to drive a car without a way to start it, so I took it in to my mechanic and it cost $472.00. Mind you, I do have an emergency fund and there was money to pay for the repair, I will just replenish it in a few days (I am using the money that I would have paid for a car loan, which is no paid off, plus the money that I would have paid two of my creditors, which have also been paid off in the last month). I also needed to get a new pair of glasses that cost (with insurance) $374. The good news is that I have a Flexible Spending account at my full-time job, and I will be reimbursed by the end of February.

It's all good.

Planning for the unexpected is one of the many keys to getting out of credit card debt, and I have made great strides in two years, but the are miles to go before I sleep.

Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. This is a sort of blog we can have loads of information i would like to appreciate the intelligence of this blog’s owner


    coupons grocery

    ReplyDelete