Friday, July 3, 2009

The Frugal Fourth

So, today is not the Fourth of July, but it is a day that the company that I work for during the day gives us so that we can have a three-day weekend. This is actually looking like it is going to be a wonderful day, I don’t have to work anywhere (I am even off from my part-time job) and there is nothing planned. That, of course, doesn’t mean that there is a vacation from the struggle to save money in order to eliminate my credit card debt. We are staying at an RV park (but it isn’t really the traditional RV parks that one saw in the Robin Williams movie), but our cost for the week (we come down on our days off and when we are done working for the day) is minimal: We have brought our own food and soda and we are just enjoying nature far from the hustle and bustle of suburban living or urban working.

Although my book, Never Surrender is complete, time will be spent today refining the landing page. The book gives practical advice and guidance on how to eliminate your credit card debt.

One thing to help you save money (for credit card debt elimination, or survival, as far as that is concerned) is to keep an eye out for the ads for grocery stores. Here in the St. Louis region, there are three large grocery store chains that regularly advertise. Fortunately, we live close to all three and drive by them on the way home from work. When we plan, we try to go to the one that offers $10 off a purchase of $50 or more. I will take a list and keep track to make sure that I get as close to $50 as I can so that the savings is 20%. Look for coupons either in the local paper or even online (like at coupons.com).

Have a GREAT day and a wonderful Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment