Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Saving Money (For Credit Card Debt Elimination) At A Theme Park

My son has a job performing at Six Flags and I got off early yesterday afternoon and went to go see him perform. I was greatly pleased at the performance. I wasn't impressed with the high price of things at the park, however. After spending the afternoon and evening there, I noticed some ways that one could save money at the park.

1. Go In Groups - Parking at the park was $15 a car. Not a party, but a car. If you are going to go there, find out if some of your friends want to go there as well. Carpool and save the money.

2. Pack a Picnic Lunch/Supper - I noticed several families doing this when I was searching for a place to park. I didn't think too much of it until I walked through the park and noticed the high prices for food: A slice of pizza, cheese bread, and a soda for $9.99 + tax. Of course, you could get a souvenir cup with unlimited refills for only $12.99. And I thought that paying $1.25 for a soda to be high. When you pack a picnic supper, you can feed a family of four for roughly the cost of feeding one person inside the park.

3. Buy a Season Pass and Season Parking - that is, of course, if you are going to go often and live within a reasonable commute of the park.

Just because you would like to go to a theme park doesn't mean that you have to break the bank.

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment