Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Half-Year For Credit Card Debt Elimination

Today is July 1, 2009 and it marks the beginning of the second half of the year. This is a good time for reflection on a checkup on all of your goals. Traditionally New Year's Day is the day that people traditionally do that sort of thing, but perhaps a new tradition is in order for you. After all, there is a goal for many of us to get out of credit card debt. So,

How Are You Doing?

I began the year having $61,960.24 in credit card debt. Today, the number is $54,432.81. Better than it used to be, especially considering that I had to go to court on several of the cards, and there were lawyer's fees and such added in. Having that sort of reality slap you in the face is not a pleasant experience. Today, however, I am seriously meeting with several attorneys to discuss Chapter 13 bankruptcy. I have fought my problem for many years and I have to explore the possibilities. It is not a road that I am traveling lightly.

I fear most hurting the ones that I love the most. I don't want to involve them if I can help it, but something has got to be done. That is why I write this blog, and this blog is both therapeutic to me and also I hope to teach others how to avoid this if at all possible. My parents taught me better, that's for sure, but I never saw them suffer or felt as if we had money issues (and I feel that we must have). I am being as open as possible with my family and hopefully, my son will develop some good spending and saving habits so that he doesn't have the struggles that I have.

Keep up the good fight, I write about it in my ebook, Never Surrender!! and it can help others to get out and stay out of credit card debt.

Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings, sorry to hear about your troubles , I hope you are able to get them settled . I have only read this post so not sure of the whole story , jobless, etc etc.. I am very interested in stories like this as I am currently in the field to assist people with financial troubles. Hopefully way before they have to pull the plug in the boat to avoid sinking. I would love to hear more about your cituation if you care to share. Maybe I can offer some assistance to you to get you beyond your troubles faster. Feel free to email me at gwebber1@gmail.com , also feel free to check out my site http://www.debt-elimination-services.net . I am not writing you to sell you my services, just seeing if I can help out. Good Luck. - George

    ReplyDelete