Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Two Days of Tracking Saving For Credit Card Debt Elimination

It would have been so easy to order a pizza online and have it scheduled to be delivered when I got home from work: my wife was gone on business and it was just the dog and me. The dog always has to have a bit of pizza when we have that. I am a big fan of Papa Johns, but had I done that, it would have cost around $25. Granted, I would have had meals for the rest of the week, but since Little Caesars is on the way home, I could have saved about $16 and only spent nine (including the breadsticks). But, cooler heads prevailed and I fixed something that was in the pantry already. Money spent: $0. So, my two day total expenses now run $5.50.

Impulses are one of the biggest ways that we tend to waste money. We don't even think about it. When you are shopping at Wal-Mart, they count on you picking up the gossip magazine, the pack of gum, the soda, or whatever. Sure, it is only a buck or two and you will enjoy it for a few minutes, but those little expenditures can sure add up quickly. Don't feel bad for the stores either because the items that are strategically placed around the register are high profit items. Out of the machine, a can of soda can cost $0.75, but if you actually plan ahead, you can have the same can waiting at your home in the refrigerator for around $0.22. And the store that sold the case for $4.98 makes a profit. If you bought the case and resold it for $0.75 a can, you could realize a profit of $12.67 or 237.8%. (catch your breath)

Just watch the little things, because they add up to big bucks.

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment