Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Credit Card Debt Elimination, A Break

CELEBRATE!!

Getting out of credit card debt can be a long, tedious, and sometimes overwhelming process. To be sure, it takes months, even years of steady, applied discipline. Keeping track and negotiating lower rates takes time and energy. If you have/had an extensive list of credit cards, it can be downright daunting. One thing that I have found that helps me to stay focused and to keep the edge sharp and clear is to take occasional break from the grind. I am not advocating pulling out your credit cards and going all-out with a limousine-chauffeured event (complete with an open bar). You certainly don't want to erase everything that you are working toward and then some, but I have found that as I reach a milestone (say, paying off a credit card, or reaching a certain percentage of credit card debt erased) it helps to keep the focus my celebrating in a small way. I may enjoy an inexpensive meal at one of my favorite restaurants (I now rarely eat out, unlike a daily routine years ago) or purchase a book that I have had my eye on (it has a more lasting effect). It may be something as simple as watching your favorite show on television, talking a walk in a park that you haven't visited in a while, or spending time with those that you love. Whatever. Just take a brief respite from the difficult goal that you have set for yourself and you will find that you will have more overall zest for that credit card debt elimination.

Take a break! Enjoy life! (But don't forget to get back into the game).

See more at my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment