Thursday, March 26, 2009

It Takes Discipline

No matter what strategy you will use to lower your credit card debt, there is no "easy" way to hold it...it takes discipline. I realize that it may take some conditioning to get you to whee you have developed some financial muscles to overcome a rising wall of debt, it can be done. You wouldn't expect an eighteen month-old to be able to run a lap around the local high school track: it is a progressive thing. You don't have to have all of the answers at the very beginning. Nobody does.

The key is to do something. Ignoring the challenge does not make it go away. In fact, that is probably the worst thing that you can do...nothing. Do something. Decide to end your reliance on high interest credit cards once and for all and do something. Maybe it would begin with a taking inventory of what you owe. Knowledge is power. Read articles on the Internet about it. Talk to others about it. Arm yourself with knowledge and begin to build those financial muscles so that you will learn more, be able to do more, and gain confidence in the process. Use the little successes to build upon and have even greater successes. I began with analysis and I began by using a budget. At first I had to guess at it, but I used tools like the budgeting tools at mint.com.
Over time, I saw patterns of spending begin to emerge and I tackled one challenge at a time. There is a lot more out there too.

I will begin talking about some ways to save money so that you can begin to free up cash to help in your credit card debt elimination.

More at my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment