Friday, March 13, 2009

Credit Card Debt Elimination

As one who was/is riddled with the burden of credit card debt, I have often dreamt of the day (which is now approaching) that I will be able to eliminate credit card debt once and for all. What a rejoiceful day that will be! As I have often heard that "Rome wasn't built in a day", I realize that my enslavement to credit card debt will not happen in one fell swoop of somebody's pen or a knock on my door from the Publisher's Clearinghouse Prize Patrol. Just as I did not accumulate this mountain of credit card debt in one night (but, oh, how times does fly), I will not achieve credit card debt reduction in one night either.

One of the first things to do in this situation is to take the time to write all of your balances and corresponding annual percentage rates down in one place that can be eailty referenced (and updated as you progress). It will be a good idea to jot down the customer service telephone numbers as well. You will have to make some phone calls. Keep a firm voice and project that you are in control (because you are) of the situation and ask if the customer service representative will lower your interest rate. Remember, the credit card companies want to keep you ensnared, even if they perceive that they are receiving less money, it is still money (as it is said, "oatmeal is better than "no meal"). Do not be overwhelmed (and yes, I have asked myself "Can I Go To Jail For Credit Card Debt?"). This is a process that will get easier with time.

To learn more, visit http://www.money-for-my-life.com/. More Later, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment