Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Credit Card Debt Elimination, Part V

You Are Not Alone

Sometimes we may feel like we have to be a maverick, we have to do things our own way, we have to forge our own path. That's all good and fine in some things, but when it comes to credit card debt, we may need some support. Sure, it would be nice to have somebody else sweep in and erase our debt, but the probabilities of that happening are two: slim and none. You got yourself into this debt (albeit not entirely your fault because the whole industry is geared to draw you deeper and deeper in debt and in less control of your financial life) and you will succeed in getting yourself out of debt. Just as you don't just wake up one day and find yourself deep in debt, you won't wake up and find yourself out of debt. It came on dollar by dollar, and that is the way it will come off as well.

As it was mentioned yesterday, you can always find help with books, or consumer credit counseling services, but sometimes just having a non-judgemental friend to air out your concerns with can do a great bit of good. A good friend will listen to you, and offer support (although I never ask for them to pay my bills) and encouragement when you need it most. My father was very supportive of me after the first divorce and he was kind enough to offer to put up some of his stock as collateral for me to take out a low-interest loan at our credit union so that I could pay off a large debt that I had (it was money that I owed the IRS, but that is a whole different story in itself). Bottom line: I had support and that meant all of the difference in the world to me.

You can read more at my website. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment