Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Confession

Many of you have been following this blog for the last several months and you know that I advocate taking your food from home (it's less expensive and you know what it is that you are getting). Yesterday I ate dinner out. The rush was on to get the yard mowed in the extreme heat, get cooled off, and get to my weekday job in time. After work, I was going to spend the evening watching the rest of the Cardinals ball game at the RV. I managed to do that, but it was realized about halfway down to the campground (about an hour and a half away in good traffic) that there was no dinner packed for me. I easily could have spent $10.00 at Hardees, but that would have packed on the pounds. I did manage to drive by a Taco Bell and picked up a couple of $0.99 bean burritos. There was already a drink in the car, so I managed supper for a couple of bucks.

How often do we not think about the financial consequences of our actions. $8.00 was saved by doing that. If one meal a week is eaten that way, $416.00 could be saved in a year. If you were to charge that, and make minimum payments on the card over a year, it could easily have cost $500+. Personally, I would rather have the $500 even if it meant that I don't eat a Monster Burger and fries. You see, in order to have more money to pay down your credit card debt, or build your future, you have to have the long-term mindset.

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment