Monday, June 1, 2009

June-"Bugs"

As you strive to eliminate credit card debt from your life, there are always challenges or "bugs" that come up and may create a temporary hindrance to your goal. They will happen, and you have to pay them some attention, but you don't need to be paralyzed by them. In fact, knowing that things may come up can be empowering in some small way.

It is good to remain focused on the ultimate goal which is to become credit card debt free. Recently I had a bit of a "stumble" because I had to have one of my back teeth crowned. I was told that a tooth that had a filling (for about 30 years) had to be replaced. No big deal because I have dental insurance, although, I will admit, I don't like to visit dentists and often neglect to have regular checkups. There even was an FSA that had been set up through my work although it was funded for my yearly glasses expense. I was not "pleasantly" surprised when the bill was nearly $600 with insurance.

I paid it, although the money could have been used for my glasses, but we shall overcome that. The focus still remains on lowering credit card debt and eliminating that from my life. It does affect everything that is one and saving money has become somewhat of a passion in my life. Yesterday is a good example. Time was not allotted to prepare my lunch to take to work and when my lunch hour came, I went to Wendy's. I kick myself now because I could have used the money saved by packing ramen noodles to have an extra $6.85 to pay toward credit card debt.

So it is with life. It doesn't matter how many times you may stumble or fall, what matters is how many times you brush yourself off and get back into the race in which slow and steady wins the race in the long run.

Have a GREAT day! (You can sign up for my eBook notification on the right side of the blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment