Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Credit Card Debt, Don't Let It Get You Down

Sometimes it is easier said than done. When it seems overwhelming, it is hard to stand up and stand your ground. This has been a trying time lately for me. The possibility of filing for bankruptcy, which has been avoided for the last ten years, is looming ever larger and ever more powerful.

If I can help it, I don't want to go down that road.

Bankruptcy stays on your credit for seven years. My credit already leave a lot to be desired, and, if you have ever missed credit card payments, overdrawn your checking account, or any other financial stumble, your credit score is probably less than stellar. I have resisted asking for debt because I am a proud man. A pride cometh before a fall.

I am not a loser, except when it comes to managing my own finances. Always secretive, it has come around to bite me in the butt (so to speak). My intention has always been to take care of my own, but I am not as able to continue as I once was. Bob Seger summed it up in Against The Wind "We're just older now and still running against the wind.". Perhaps one of the darkest things I can ever recall is the speech that Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce gave at his surrender "..I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

That is why I have written Never Surrender, A Practical Guide to Forever Eliminating Your Credit Card Debt. It will be available next week. Sign up on the right of the blog to be notified of its availability. Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment