Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wow, It's Wednesday

In my struggle to eliminate credit card debt, there comes some point to where desperation is the order of business. Perhaps you get served a summons to appear in court a few days prior to being in court. You dutifully show up to court, realizing that you are one of 100+ to appear before the court to find out that if you didn't appear in court, you would have had a summary judgement against you. It doesn't matter that you have asked in writing (sent by certified mail) for proof that the debt was yours and so forth and so on, but, despite your efforts to achieve documentation of proof that the debt was yours, they just issued you a summons to appear in court.

That is a sobering experience.

Having prepared taxes for a few years for a major company ("You Got People"), I was well aware of the 10% penalty on early withdrawals from an IRA. I also knew that all of the money you take as an early disbursement is taxed as income. When backed against a wall, the options narrow. Fortunately, it appears, after preparing a mock 1040 with the new income, I was relieved last night (after watching the Cardinals at their stadium win a game) when I ran the numbers and it appears that things will work out, it still leaves a sinking feeling that credit card debt is a serious problem.

I am dealing with it as best I can.

Thank God I have family and friends that support my efforts and I know that everything will work out, even though I have to work twice as hard. Don't believe that it is easy to change years of habit. It isn't.

But it can happen. Believe that in your heart of hearts that it is possible, because it is. Thank you for all of your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment