Sunday, June 28, 2009

Successful Sunday

Usually Sundays are a day that I can sleep in. Of course, by sleeping in, that means getting up at six o'clock AM instead of 4 o'clock AM. This Sunday, however, is a little bit different for a couple of reasons: 1)the store at which I work on the weekends is having one of it semi-annual store meetings (they provide free breakfast, one of my favorite meals of the day and we are paid for our time to be there -- a double bonus) and 2) I finally have my ebook Never Surrender!! available (a test run was made, and all of the links work, although some of the graphics may not).

A lot of time and effort went into the writing of that ebook and I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who assisted me in the writing of the ebook, especially my beautiful wife who has seen the back of my head more than anything for some time now. But the excitement is there that it has finally made it past all of the hurdles.

That has been a small goal for me lately, and it goes to show that even though you may have a definite goal in mind (such as credit card debt elimination), you can run into obstacles and hurdles that prevent you from getting there in exactly the fashion that you expect. Rather than quit at the first sign of difficulty (for me, it was linkage problems, a link wasn't leading people to where I wanted them to go), a solution was sought and eventually found. Some would have given up, but keeping the end in mind was essential.

You may have a challenge come up in your life too. You may have a goal of having $1,000 in the bank by a certain date. You make lifestyle changes and you make adjustments in your life and progress is slowly made. Then you get an unexpected expense, like a flat tire, a chipped tooth, or a trip to the doctor. These are only diversions, and you must remain focused on the prize because the goal is a good goal and you will be better in the long run because of it!

You can do it! Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment