Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Credit Card Debt, Don't Let It Get You Down, cont.

Yesterday's post was perhaps a glimpse of the darker side of credit card debt and the strive to eliminate that credit card debt. It is amazing what a few hours of sleep will do for the soul. Still the fight must be fought and the road is long, but there is always a dash of hope that comes with rest and reflection.

As we near the century mark of posts to this blog, there are thanks to be handed out. Being a proud man, it is often difficult to admit when others have helped along the way. First and foremost is my wife, who has believed in me even though financially I have unwittingly drug her down into my financial mess. For her steadfastness, I love and appreciate her, even though my actions don't always demonstrate that. I do. My son, whom I believe in tremendously and have let down as well. I pray that he will learn some of the lessons about credit and money that I have bull-headedly learned on my own. My parents, who taught me much with my life and whom I never really thanked. They tried to warn me, but, being the proverbial black sheep of the family I had to find out on my own.

What a bitter lesson I have learned.

My hope is that you can learn from my mistakes as well and live your life to its fullest by using your credit wisely, paying your bills on time every time, and not wasting money on things that don't mean much in the long term.

Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment