Thursday, June 25, 2009

Small Victories Add Up!

When we get a small victory, take note and celebrate (if only in your mind). Recently, I reached a milestone on my online adventures. I participate in a program from Inbox Dollars that gives me a few cents for every email that I read, usually two or three every day. I have to run through my inbox every evening anyway, so it doesn't take up more than a minute of my time. When the account reaches $30, you can request a payout and that is precisely what was done the other night. I have reached it twice in one year. Now, $60 doesn't sound like much ammunition when you are attempting to eliminate your credit card debt, but it will be over $300 in five years. Would it make a difference if you got the lump sum of $300 on the front end? They way that I view it is that in the long term I am getting that money and it makes a difference. You can click on the banner at the bottom of today's post and join.

Inside that is a small victory. There are many small victories that are earned each and every day, but in the long run, they will add up to make a huge difference! As it is said that the journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step, you have to decide to get on the path of ridding yourself of credit card debt and begin the task. It may seem a bit overwhelming when you finally confront it, but as you gain strength in dealing with it and look back, the task was not that difficult.

When you find a way to save $0.10 per can of soda by buying a case (which you will end up drinking in the end anyway), celebrate! When you decide to order a free glass of water at a dinner out instead of the $1.79 glass of soda, celebrate. When you decide to pay a bill online and save the $0.43 cents (or whatever postage stamps are today), celebrate. Add them all together and you have saved perhaps $5.00. Do that every week, and you have saved $260, and over five years you have saved $1,300! CELEBRATE!!

Have a GREAT day!



1 comment: