Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Here's A Game To Play

Much of what is said here is serious business. After all, we are talking about credit card debt elimination. That subject alone could make a grown man cry. I have a game for you that I will try for one month and let you know what the results are. My pantry and freezer are pretty well stocked right now and I am willing to bet that I could go a month without going to the grocery store except for perishable items like milk. Personally, I have budgeted $240.00 dollars a month for groceries and am pretty good at staying well within budget. I will shop on the day that the local grocery has the special of $10 off a purchase of $50 or more, no coupon required. I have stocked up quite a bit and was extremely diligent at spending just over $50 so that I could easily get a higher percentage off.

Here’s the deal: For the next month, I am not going to buy groceries except for perishable items for the next month. The money that I have budgeted for groceries that I don’t spend, I will use to eliminate my credit card debt. My goal is to clean out the pantry and, at the same time, save some serious cash and deepen the savings habit. I look forward to the day when I can be as Martin Luther King Jr. and proclaim “free at last, free at last…”. You too can be free as well.

Visit my website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment