Monday, April 6, 2009

What Are You Wearing?

I would be a clothes horse if I had the money. That is only a fraction of the reason why I have embarked on a credit card debt elimination program. You can spend a fortune on clothes unnecessarily. Men who have ever shopped at places like Men's Wearhouse will tell you that you can buy some clothes of outstanding quality, but also of less than the cost of a fine car. Truth be told, their quality is not to be beat, but since I couldn't afford to purchase from their without using a credit card, a credit card is what I used. I have learned that people don't really judge you completely on what you wear. I work in an office that has a dress code of business casual (although some definitely stretch the definition of casual). I may be a bit old fashioned, but I will still wear a dress shirt and a tie. The difference now is that I don't feel as if I have to go to the high end.

Shop at discount clothiers. Watch the sales ads for places like Kohls or Target and you will save money (that you can use to pay off credit card debt). If there is an outlet mall near you, you can even save on good quality clothing without paying top dollar. What is important is that you are not spending money unnecessarily and you use the saving to build a nest egg once you have eliminated your credit card dependence. The key is to look good, but spend well.

For a great credit card debt elimination program, click here. For a credit article and more, visit my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment