Saturday, April 25, 2009

Two Steps Forward . . .

It was bound to happen eventually: there was a need to feed a vice that is in my life. There is an addiction that I have that, although the intensity isn't what it used to be (nor the cost), still is fed. As it has been mentioned before, I have spent thousands of dollars over the years on Diet Coke. At least I have now cut it down to one 12-ounce can a day and the purchase is made in bulk rather than buying a fountain one of 64 or 128 ounces. I went to the grocery store for soda and perishables. This will be enough for a month, but $19.86 was spent at the grocery store. That brings the monthly savings down to $58.33. Still an admirable achievement considering that there is still 19 days left (and plenty of food remaining).

But I still have a burning desire to eliminate credit card debt.

Who knows, I may give up the Diet Coke habit entirely.

I want to talk today about how a small amount (usually pennies a day) is earned. There is a site called InboxDollars on which I earn about $0.03 - $0.08 a day. It isn't much, but it does add up. Here is how it works: Everyday, I get 2-4 emails daily that has an advertiser in it. I visit the site and I get a few cents. They also have offers there (be careful because not everything is as good as it sounds). I have already received one check for $30+ and it is making an extremely small dent in the credit card debt. It costs nothing to join. There is even a referral program in which you earn a percentage of what your referrals earn. (I have none, this has been a solo effort so far.) If you are interested in becoming a referral, just email me, and I could help you get set up.

Every penny counts. It is when you add up all the pennies, you get dollars and dollars become a way to pay down your credit card debt. Remember when it was mentioned that you begin to develop a mindset that you find ways to save a few cents here, a few cents there and it adds up. Being more mindful of your expenses is not being cheap, it is not being miserly, but it is being wise with what you earn.

Here's to your getting wisdom in your life. If you please, visit my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment